Tuesday, July 04, 2006

So, I'm moving to Japan. 31 days to go. It's starting to become completely and utterly surreal. I'm really excited right now, especially because I recently recevied an email from my predecessor which gave me a number of details about my new life. For those of you who are interested I will be living in Toba, which is a city in Mie prefecture (province). The city's population is 26,000, so it is a smaller city, which is what I had wanted when I applied. Toba is known for their seafood and surfing and as the first place to cultivate pearls. If you want to learn more about the city visit: http://www.city.toba.mie.jp/page/eigo/hyousi/hyousi.htm

I will be teaching English at Toba Highschool. Apparently, I live a 20 minute walk away from the school and a 10-15 minute walk from the Pacific Coast. Sweet. I think that is all for now, I hope that you will all check back often and enjoy sharing my experiences with me!

Here are two pictures from my new home...I think I'm going to like this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home